Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thumb And Forefinger Pain I Was In A Car Accident And Now Have Tingling And Numbness In My Thumb And Forefinger Only,?

I was in a car accident and now have tingling and numbness in my thumb and forefinger only,? - thumb and forefinger pain

The pain starts on the right side of my back in my neck area and radiates over my shoulder, back and elbow to the end of numb in my fingers. The pain is intense, and I wonder what could be the problem? Could a pinched nerve in my back, that creates this numbness? I'm waiting for an MRI and an appointment with a neurologist. Please give me an idea.

2 comments:

Josh said...

MRI is the best thing to do.

Sorry, this has happened to you.

JG said...

It seems that his theory could be of a narrow cervical nerves the problem.

When in a car accident, moved the motion of the head forward and back (whiplash) is very strong and can damage the muscles of the uterus and may also include the shredding of cervical nerves to the funds. The pain can be pinched nerve or injury to the neck muscles, probably both. Radiating pain in the neck and arms and ends tingling and numbness in the fingers sounds exactly like whiplash / pinched nerve, after I was diagnosed after my car accident.

MRI should be sufficient to show the doctor for diagnosis and appropriate treatment of physical therapy to move up the vertebrae and nerves unpinch. Considered to be submitted to further tissue injuries of the neck muscles that contribute to pain. Your doctor will recommend a treatment plan for you, in May during the healing of tissues as well.

Pending the appointment, placement of heat padsNeck and back and shoulders to relax muscles and help relieve pain, reduce with an anti-inflammatory steroids for swelling of the damaged tissue.

Post a Comment